Gear: JayBird BlueBuds X.
Some thoughts on these wireless Bluetooth sports earphones. Videos, and images below. Enjoy!
Use FREE149 (given to me on 9/28/2016)
Use WIRELESS20 for JayBird X2 (expires 12/20/2015)
Use JBX2SHIP for JayBird X2 (expires 10/21/2015)
Use coupon JBA15 for 15% off (temporary)
Use coupon SNOW30 for 30% off (expires Dec 31, 2013)
Use coupon JBGIVE25 for 25% off (expires Dec 25, 2013)
Use coupon JBDAD30 for 30% off for Father's day.
A better USB Bluetooth dongle for computers: Azio USB Micro BT 4.0 Adapter BTD-V400.
- Very small form factor.
- Easy to identify buttons.
- Nice voice and tone feedback.
- Blocks some external noise, and they stay in ear (when using the right size and hooks)
- First day were quite uncomfortable, wanted to take them off within 20 minutes.
- Next day my ears got used to them enough to have them on for 3 hours.
- Ear canal heat is blocked.
- It amplifies natural feedback (ie you can hear sounds from your teeth chewing food)
- Not APT-X technology.
- Easy to pair.
- Bad with X230T, not good for video.
- Good with iPod Nano 7G (excellent range)
Audio quality (4/5)
- Loud, very clear vocals.
- Good bass.
- No annoying white noise.
- This is not Bluetooth Apt-X, but it's very good audio.
- I feel that overall the audio quality is good, but not great.
Battery (overall very good 5/5)
- 6:45 hrs, vol 9 from top.
- 7:00 hrs, vol lowest (1)
- 5:22 hrs, vol max.
- Charge times
- 2:45 hrs (not definite)
- "Battery low"
- "Power on"
- "Power off"
- "Searching for your music device"
- "Headphones connected"
- Volume up/down sounds.
- Casual high quality audio seekers.
How I got the BlueBuds X
Around December 2012 I got an email from Melissa G. (Brand & Relations Coordinator at JayBird). I ignored the email as I no longer accept "review" units. In my mind getting things for "free" can tweak my mind and my opinions. In January 2013 I learned about the BlueBuds X and grew a desire to test them, and I recalled that JayBird had sent me an email. While I refused to get a "free" review unit I accepted a discounted one, and then I requested a coupon code so JayBird could give my readers/viewers a discount. I don't get a commission when people use the coupon, but if you are interested then take advantage of it. Enjoy!