Gear: X230T Accessories.
Lenovo's Power Manager is responsible for performance and battery life of your X230T. By default the settings are set on a "dummy" slider mode, with a value of 75%. This is ok for most owners, but it is not optimal for either being mobile or when connected to power.
Being mobile means that we do not have access to a power outlet. When being mobile the goal is to have a functioning system that also conserves battery life.
When we are connected to power we may want the system to perform with its full capabilities. Battery life is no longer a priority and all we want is performance.
To get the X230T to perform optimally for each of those modes we need to tweak the Power Manager.
Power Manager Tip:
- Press the Win key, type "Power Manager", and open it.
- Click on the Advanced button on the upper right corner.
- Select the Power Plan profile that you want to tweak.
- I selected Power Source Optimized since it was close to what I wanted.
- Tweak the settings for both Battery and AC Settings.
- Click Apply and OK Buttons.
The system is now optimized for being mobile and when connected to a power adapter. No more adjusting the slider to get what you want, it does the adjustments automatically.
Optionally you can turn off the "Always On USB" under the Global Power Settings tab.