Gear: Cooler Master Notepal Ergsotand, Kinesis Freestyle Keyboard (20 inch), UltraBase Series 3, X230T Accessories.
Back in the X201T days I got a Cooler Master Notepal Ergostand (CMNE). This is a stand that is adjustable and gives you a better drawing angle. Now this stand "kind of works" with the X230T and X220T systems, of course you do need to add something to raise the system a bit more.
- X230T battery doesn't go the whole length of the system, therefore it is not properly supported.
- The power port gets in the way.
- If you flip the system then the antenna bump gets in the way, which tilts the system.
- With docking station the X230T is not raised enough, so the antenna bump continues to get in the way.
- If you flip the docking station then you lose the use of the ports in the back.
- Get something between the stand and the docking station, and your system will be raised enough so that the stand's pads don't get in the way. Now the system is at the proper angle.
When you bring the stand+x230t closer to your body, you lose the capability of a keyboard. You could get a desk that lets you slide a keyboard out of the way, or you can get a keyboard with separation.
The keyboard that I saw that has some separation is the Kinesis Freestyle keyboard with 20 inch separation. Some may be able to get used to this setup, but I din't.
Figure out what works for you and the X230T is a dream to use.
Getting a steeper angle with the stand.
If possible get stronger materials, or even surround a solid object with the foam. That's all for now, enjoy the images.