If you follow the X series products from Lenovo, you know that there is a laptop and a convertible tablet version. The laptop version usually gives us some hints on what to expect with the convertible version. Lenovo just posted the "X230 Laptop" page. Engadget also posted a X230 review with lots of details.
The X230T and the laptop version have several differences. Some of these differences include: battery, hinge, screen (touch tech on the X230T), speakers (tablet has them on bezel, laptop under palm rest).
X230 Laptop Features:
- OS & Software
- Up to Windows 7 Pro.
- Lenovo Enhanced Experience 3.
- Up to 40% faster boot up time in Windows 7. (RapidBoot)
- ThinkVantage for security and management.
- Rescue and Recover, Password Vault, Access Connections.
- Google Chrome, SugarSync Manager, Evernote.
- Norton Internet Security.
- Lenovo App Store.
- Simple Tap.
- Up to 2nd Gen Intel Core i7 CPU.
- Core i3-2370M @ 2.4 Ghz (this one is Sandy Bridge, the rest are Ivy Bridge)
- Core i5-3320M @ 2.6 Ghz
- Core i7-3667U @ 2GHz
- Core i7-3520M @ 2.9 Ghz
- Intel HD 4000 GPU. (demos)
- Up to 500GB HDD or up to 256GB SSD.
- RAM varies in configuration, but Lenovo's X230 page states "Up to 8GB RAM"
- Engadget states that it can do up to "16 GB" RAM.
- Ports, other features.
- 3x USB 3 ports
- Lenovo states that 2 are USB 3.0
- 1 PoweredUSB.
- VGA, Mini Display Port, Wifi switch.
- Power, Card Reader, Ethernet.
- Headphone & Mic combo jack.
- Fingerprint reader (powered on), Kensington lock.
- Thinklight, ExpressCard Slot.
- 12.5" Wide View IPS display @ 1366 x 768 resolution.
- Matte finish.
- No latch on lid.
- 200 to 300 nit brightness screens.
- Ergonomic design.
- Optional backlight.
- Dolby speakers with Advanced Audio v2 (for full impact surround sound)
- Dual array microphones (with keystroke noise suppression)
- Audio jack is "combo" (so it has both mic and audio out).
- 720p HD webcam.
- 3G / 4G LTE support via Gobi HSPA or Ericsson HSPA.
- Intel WiDI capable.
- 29 Wh, 63 Wh, 94 Wh batteries.
- 63 Wh is rated for 9.9 hours.
- 94 Wh is rated for up to 14.8 hours.
- Up to 80% battery charge in 30 minutes. (RapidCharge)
- Up to 24 hours battery life with ThinkPad 19+ slice battery.
- Max run time of 24.9 hours.
- (I assume the Series 3 Ultrabase will be the docking station)
- Weight and Dimensions
- About 3 lbs (2.96 pounds)
- 0.75 to 1.05 inches thick.
- $1,249 to $1,649.
Based on my X220T experience I can say that the system should be fairly cool most of the time. As you can see on the image showing the bottom side, there are plenty of little details including: docking port, rest pads, drain holes, RAM and battery compartments. The X230T will be a bit different than the laptop version, we will have to wait until June for more details.