I got a message from someone who wanted to know how to open the optical drive of the DV6T QE with a key combination. In the case of the HP Pavilion DV6T QE there is kind of a need for this because the disc eject button is not the easiest to press. There are several ways of doing this, but I will use the AutoHotkey method.
Basically we will write a script that will enable a key combination to open the CD/DVD tray.
- Download and install AutoHotkey.
- Open Notepad
- Press win key and type "notepad"
- Inside the Notepad window type:
- Save As "Open Disc Tray.ahk"
- Ensure that "Save as Type" is "All Files"
- Open the recently saved Open Disc Tray.ahk script
- Press Win key + z
- The disc/optical drive will open
Additional - Make it automatic
To have the script work every time the computer boots up you need to make the script opens automatically. To automate it you need to copy and paste the script to the "Startup" folder. The Startup folder is found by:
- Hit win key
- Click "All Programs"
- Scroll down until you find "Startup"
- Right click on the folder and select "Explore"
- You can now drag/drop the "Open Disc Tray.ahk" file
This is just one method of doing this, there are many others. Hope that helps.