Web Sidebar - Access Information Quickly
Links: Download Web Sidebar-free, Donate and get full version.
What is Web Sidebar?
This is a Windows program that allows you to search for information quickly.
How does it work?
After launching the program you can access it by moving the mouse pointer to the edge of the screen. By default the left edge is chosen. The program allows you to search Wapipedia.org, Google, and check news on Google News. Once you are done viewing the snippet of information you can hide Web Sidebar by moving the mouse pointer away.
What can I customize?
- Position of the Web Sidebar program. You can choose left or right side of Windows.
- Three of the buttons can be customized to open websites (ie if you don't want Google you can change it to Ask)
How can I customize Web Sidebar?
Click the Edit button and edit the values. Save the file pressing Ctrl+S.
- Web Sidebar works best with "mobile" sites.
- Some sites will give errors due to scripts and flash.
- The software was programmed and made for Windows 7 laptops and desktops.
- This program is not meant to replace a browser.