Gear: Samsung Series 7 Slate, Swype.
Swype is a virtual keyboard that allows you to type with a"press and drag" or "drawing" interface. It is included with your Samsung Series 7 Slate and can be set as your default keyboard.
- Touch friendly
- Drawing/press and drag works well
- Small version for pen input
- Support for several languages
- US English
- French Canadian
- Several customizations through Settings
- Tutorial videos
- Behavior when pressing/clicking files in explorer can be annoying.
- Behavior in "Save As" and "Open" dialog windows gets in the way.
- Does not work on all text input box gadgets.
- Loses gadget's focus (you may have to use the "lock" button).
Overall I think it's a nice attempt. The behaviors in explorer and the fact that it doesn't work on every program affect what could be a very pleasant program. Maybe with an update these negatives can be removed and then we'll have a very good virtual keyboard.
Virtual keyboards work fine for typing a few words, but for longer typing sessions I will use a physical keyboard (wired or bluetooth) or voice recognition software.
Swype (no downloadable PC version)
Download for Samsung Series 7 Slate Tablet
Note: I'm a bit harsh on you Mr. Swype because I love you, and I want you to work harder to be the best virtual keyboard.