Gear: Samsung Series 7 Slate.
As you may have noticed Swype is not the best virtual keyboard because of inconsistent behavior. It seems like TabTip is still the better option.
How to disable Swype:
- Open Swype through it's icon on the taskbar
- Click and hold the Settings button
- Uncheck the "Set as default keyboard" box, close the Settings window
- Press the lock button (on the right side of Swype keyboard)
- Close the Swype keyboard
How to Enable TabTip:
- Do a four finger gesture (four finger tap)
- Click on "Tools"
- Click on "Options"
- Check the "Use the Input Panel tab" box
- Click the "Apply" button
You can also enable "Point to the Input Panel icon or the tab" for the convenience of clicking less times. It's better to do a single click than two clicks. Right? ;-)
With Swype disabled and TabTip back in control the Windows touch experience will be better, or at least more consistent.