Gear: Asus Eee Note EA-800, eReader Tablets.
This is how you can change the language of your Eee Note from Mandarin to English. Since the video cannot show every detail I encourage you to check the text below.
Steps if you have not installed Asus EeeNoteSync App :
- Connect the USB cable to the Eee Note and pick the first option
- Open setup.exe and follow the installation steps
- Once the software is installed disconnect the Eee Note
- Reconnect the Eee Note and create a backup (if you want to conserve your files)
- Update the firmware (I encourage it)
- Restore your files
Steps if you have installed Asus EeeNoteSync App:
- Create a backup with the EeeNoteSync app
- Locate and open "sys.config" via notepad (usually the file is at "EeeNoteBackup\settings\sys.config")
- Change "[language]default=tc" to "[language]default=en"
- Format the partition - Go to Settings > 2nd page > 2nd to last option > first button on the left
- Wait for the system to format, then push the "restart" button
- Restore the backup from EeeNoteSync and restart the Eee Note one more time
- Your system should be in English now, enjoy!
I hope this helps those enthusiast who could not wait for the European and American release and imported their Eee Note from Taiwan.
Note: Now I can view how many mistakes I made with the previous videos!!! and I knew that game was Sudoku!
If that doesn't work check this:
- The Anonymous commenter on my previous post
- Tablet PC Review Forums
- Joshualamorie Eee Note Wiki - Change Languguage from Chinese to English
Turn your Eee Note to English - Method 2
If my other method fails, and you want English on your Eee Note follow these simple steps.
- Download the file http://www.peterbarrette.com/EeeNote/FullInstall.zip
- Unzip the contents of the zip file into the Micro SD card
- Restart your Eee Note
Super thanks to pbarrette and the guys sfrom Tablet PC Review forums:
PhoneBook App in Eee Note (it doesn't work perfectly for me)
Visit http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/37789-asus-eee-note-peek-within.html for tons of more info and some experimental stuff. Also check joshualamorie's GitHub at https://github.com/joshualamorie/Open-Eee-Note/
The Eee Note is not switching to English!
Try updating to the latest firmware, there's a good possibility that earlier versions did not include English.
How to get two columns on the home page?
Do another restart of the Eee Note and you should get the two columns.