Gear: Sony HDR-CX150.
I have been using a Flip Ultra HD and have recorded lot's of videos for various websites. However it's time to upgrade to a camera that can do close ups. The Ultra HD is horrible at close up and is best at a good distance and when the camera isn't moving. The Sony HDR-CX150 seemed like a good deal and when I tested close ups it was fantastic.
What I like:
- Great lens
- Great optical zoom
- Video out ports (RCA, mini HDMI)
- USB Interface - no drivers were needed
- SD Cards + Memory Sticks is a good deal. Thank you Sony for coming to your senses
- Small form factor
- Swappable battery
What I don't like:
- Not easy to erase video clips - there's so many steps to take
- No external microphone in
- Default colors are a little blue - you can probably change it
- No remote
There are pros and cons but the picture quality and zoom is what I needed and the CX150 delivers. Tune in later and check some pictures and videos recorded with the CX150.
Box Contents Images: