Link Dump 0014
- AI learns Nobel Prize experiment in just 1 hour! (video)
- Google's Deep Mind Explained - Self Learning AI (video).
Comedy and the Internet
- We are who we choose to be (clip).
- YouTube's New Program is Horrible (video).
- I built a camper out of a cargo trailer (guide).
- Documentaries list (collection).
- Hacking The System by Brian Bushwood (show).
- Mind-messing Movies (collection).
- Tesla by PBS (trailer).
- The Tim Ferriss Experiment (show).
Health and Fitness
- Ashton Kutcher was hospitalized after trying Steve Job's fruitarian diet (article).
- Gamers beat scientists to making a protein discovery (article).
- How Not To Die: The role of diet in preventing, arresting, and reversing our top 15 kills (video).
- MS Will Solve Cancer Within the Next 10 Years by Treating It like a Computer Virus, Says Company. (article).
- Paleo Dieters Beware - Cavemen Had Cavities Too (article).
- Why You Should Care About Nutrition (video).
- Hackernoon (website).
People, Politics, and Money.
- Religion in US 'worth more than Google and Apple combined': $1.2 Trillion (article).
- Religiosity in Europe (info graphic).
- Why bad science persists, Incentive malus, poor scientific methods may be hereditary (article).
- CppCon 2015: T. Winters & H. Wright "All Your Tests are Terrible" (video).
- CppCon 2016: Bjarne Stroustrup "The Evolution of C++ Past, Present, and Future" (video).
- Mystery bright spots could be first glimpse of another universe (article).
- Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1 (video).
- 500 Million Yahoo Accounts Hacked (article).
- NMAP for dummies (guide).
- Tor Browser Exposed: Anti-Privacy Implantation at Mass Scale (article).
- FastKeys - the all-in-one Windows automation software.
- nmap (Network Mapper) - a utility for network discovery and security audits.
- Top Ten Static Website Generators (article).
- vTask Studio - TinyTask, TyperTask as ways to automate.
- Elon Musk : How to build the future (video).
- Faith is Not a Virtue by Jerry Coyne (video).
- Science can answer moral questions by Sam Harris (video).
- Why Evolution is True and Why Many People Still Don't Believe It (video).
- Why Science and Religion shouldn't cohabit by Jerry Coyne (video).
Some notes on Musk video:
- Be useful to society; games, some improvement. It just needs to affect lots of people.
- AI can be big. Can be good, can go bad. Democratization of AI will be key. There needs to be a sense of urgency to ensure AI goes in the right direction.
- Genetic diseases, diseases, etc. with genetic programming.
- Phones, tablets, etc. give us great abilities but our bandwidth is limited. A neurological connection (lace) would help. Eventually humans can be connected to AI.
- People think technology gets better automatically, but usually it only gets better if smart people work on it. Tech may actually decline if people don't work on it.
- Having fear of doing something is normal. If you believe in something enough it should overcome the fear of doing it.
- To Mars in 9 to 10 years.