Logitech Wireless Touchpad and T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad - Box Contents, Images, and Details

Gear: Logitech Wireless Touchpad, Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad.

Throughout several years I have purchased Logitech gear.  Usually I buy their keyboards and at the moment I have the Logitech G700s mouse.  This time I chose to buy some wireless touchpads and I noticed that they have two available models.  The older one is the Logitech Wireless Touchpad (left), and the new one is the Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad (right).  Both utilize the Unifying Receiver.  Below are some notes, box content images, and some software images.

There is a bit of evolution here.  It looks like the T650 has moved towards a more simplistic look.  The T650 has a bigger surface that accepts touch input.

The Wireless Touchpad is thicker than the T650.  The older model utilizes AA batteries; the T650 uses rechargeable non-removable batteries.

Bottom side of both devices.

Logitech Wireless Touchpad

The front of the box.

Back of the box.

Box contents.

The front side of the Wireless Touchpad.  There are two buttons and an indicator light.

The bottom side of the touchpad has the on/off button.

As you can observe, this touchpad uses two AA batteries.  The included batteries are not rechargeable via USB.

Software

The software supports both the Wireless Touchpad and the T650 at the same time.  There are several useful modifications.

Pointer settings.

Multi-touch gestures (up to four touch points).  Many of these gestures are useful, but I wish I could create my own functions.  At first it may be hard to memorize all of these gestures.

The software allows you to view your current battery level.

Logitech T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad

The front of the box.

Box contents of the T650.

There is a USB cable included.  The cable allows you to recharge the internal batteries of the T650.  If you connect the cable to a computer you will still need to have the Unifying Receiver plugged into the pc.

The bottom side of the T650 has four small pads.  The left and right click buttons are actually activated by the bottom left and right pads.  Other touchpads have similar buttons.

On/off switch and indicator light.

The USB port.

T650 Software

The T650 software is better than the Wireless Touchpad one.  There are far more allowable options.

There is a neat video preview running on the side which allows users to more easily learn the multi-touch gestures.

There are many classic touchpad options.  Again, I would like to have more customization.

The Wireless Touchpad, the T650 lets you see the battery level.

Notes

Wireless Touchpad
  • Smooth top touch surface, but not as smooth as the T650. The surface is plastic, so I believe that it will deteriorate more easily than the T650.
  • The touchpad is a little thicker than the T650.
  • I like that I can feel the clickable buttons. This comes in handy when you have to press and hold left click while moving. However, it feels like it's too easy to accidentally left and right click. Perhaps these buttons could be moved to the top side.
  • The glossiness of the plastic buttons will eventually wear off and all that will remain will be visible scratches.
  • Uses AA batteries. There are no rechargeable features.
  • Three and four finger gestures sometimes conflict with each other. This is more of a user error though.
  • The area of the touchpad that accepts input is smaller than that of the T650.
  • The Wireless Touchpad software does not have preview videos of gestures.

T650
  • The top surface is smoother than the Wireless Touchpad. The surface seems more glass-like, which will prolong the surface's lifespan.
  • The touchpad is very slim, thanks in part to built-in rechargeable battery.
  • The left and right clicks are not on the top surface, instead they are found on the bottom side pads.
  • It does not work in a "wired" mode. When connected it will recharge the battery and you must have the Unifying Receiver plugged in.
  • The bottom side button presses are subpar. Single press on right corner to achieve a mouse right click does not always seem to work. On a side note, I would like to have click physical buttons on the top side.
  • The area of the touchpad that accepts input is larger than that of the Wireless Touchpad.
  • On the T650 the software gives you a video preview of what the gesture does.

Both
  • The pairing is easy with Unifying Receiver. The software handles each of them at the same time with their respective settings.
  • The number of gestures in the software is limited and it does not allow for custom-made functions.
  • They both offer some very smooth enjoyable scrolling.
  • Both are wireless but they seem very responsive.
  • Not as precise and effective as a mouse.

There are many touchpad options available on the market.

Other touchpads:

Published: May 2, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for the JBA Newsletter. A few times per year I may sell or give away gadgets and other electronics By signing up you ensure getting notified in a timely manner. I do NOT send you emails that will waste your time. Thank you.

Home

Hi. My name is Jesse, and I'm a technology enthusiast. I play with technology and share what I find on this blog. If you have any questions then please use the contact form below. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *