Gear: Soundmatters foxLv2 Platinum, Braven 650, Apt-X devices.
Advertised battery life:
foxLv2 Platinum: 12 to 20 hours through audio cable, Bluetooth Off.
Braven 650: up to 20 hours through wireless, Bluetooth On.
The foxLv2 allows you to turn on/off Bluetooth, which may be an advantage on Test 1.
- PC: 50% volume
- Braven and foxLv2: approx. 83% volume (5 clicks from top)
- Each speaker is charged to 100% battery life.
Test 1 (wired)
- foxLv2 P Bluetooth Off.
- Braven Bluetooth On (I assume).
- foxLv2 P: About 10 hrs 30 minutes of playable music, afterwards it makes "thumping" noises for 30 minutes, and then the battery dies.
- Braven 650: About 36 hours!!!
25 hrs difference!
Advertised Charge Times
foxLv2 P: ~1 hour on 5V AC adapter, ~4 hours through USB.
Braven 650: 2-4 hours.
If the foxLv2 P's battery is less than 10% the loudness decreases. If the foxLv2 P is wireless, and does not connect to a Bluetooth device within 2 and a half minutes, it will turn itself off.
If the Braven 650 is wireless, and does not connect to a Bluetooth device within 30 minutes, it will turn itself off.