Gear: S10-3T, Convertible Tablets, NirCmd.
Sometimes you may want to have your system on but turn off the screen. I like to turn off the screen all the time when I'm listening to audio and video podcasts. I could dim down the screen, but why not just turn it off. NirCmd allows you to do this via a simple command.
- Download NirCmd (32bit, 64bit)
- Extract the file somewhere accessible.
- ie "C:\nircmd\"
- Create Shortcut on Desktop
- Right click on Desktop
- Go to New and select Shortcut
- Browse to the nircmd.exe file.
- Type the command after the File path and name
- ie "C:\nircmd\nircmd.exe monitor off"
- Add a keyboard shortcut.
- Edit the shortcut image.
- Pin to Taskbar.
With this your screen will turn off and keep the system running.
There are other commands that you could enable including a change of resolution shortcut. Check nirsoft.net for the full list of commands.