Gear: JXD S7100, JXD5000, Dingoo Digital A320, JXD F3000.
Both the JXD5000 and Dingoo Digital A320 can play FM radio. FM radio while not always needed is a nice thing to have around.
- Expect very poor performance. Most of the time you will hear static.
- No easy way of Play/Pause/Stop
- No recording capabilities
- Requires external antenna (earphones)
Dingoo Digital A320
- Better than JXD5000
- Built in antenna (no earphones required)
- Can record radio (.mp3)
- Speaker quality is ok
- Might have trouble when switching from radio to music player (it may require a reset)
- No easy way of stopping audio
Don't expect great radio playback, although my opinion is that the Dingoo is way better at it. Radio is not the main feature of these devices, they are meant for gaming. But in a way radio is a nice feature if you want to listen to some news or some music.
The iPod Nano 6G is way better at radio playback than these devices, although it cannot record FM radio and save them as mp3 files. More on the radio features http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQD69IprHGA