Gear: Samsung Series 7 Slate.
The Series 7 Slate comes with a maps app called Bing Map App. The video and notes below go over everything the app has to offer.
- Zoom in and out using pinch gesture
- Pan with a single finger
- Zoom Bar
- Preset levels (world, state, city, area, street)
- Can be disabled through Settings
- Automatic - Switches between Road and Aerial views.
- Road - Shows roads and no terrain images
- Aerial - Shows terrain images and roads
- Bird's eye - Gives you a perspective view (angle)
- Has problems when zooming in and out when using pinch gesture.
- Can search for companies, and locations
- Can create a route between one position to another
- Shows step by step guide
- Right side bar
- Star - View stored locations (favorited locations)
- Location Pin
- Allows you to know more about a specific location
- Store location
- Can turn on Streetside view (immersive imaging)
- Point of Interest
- Allows you to view specific businesses (ie hotels, etc)
- Live Traffic
- Green = Low traffic
- Yellow = Mild traffic
- Red = High traffic
- Show zoom bar
- Allow Access Location
- Tranportation mode (walk or vehicle)
My only complaint is the zoom in and out using pinch during "Bird's eye" view. It does a bit too much.
Keep in mind you need to have an internet connection for this app to work properly. Overall a very good touch friendly map app.