Gear: Samsung Series 7 Slate.
Some people need the login screen to keep their computers super secure, others may not. Usually having the login screen for me is useless and I would rather not have it. Hopefully a few people share my same thoughts and here's the "how to" disable it.
Disable the Windows 7 login screen:
- Right click on the Power Icon on the Taskbar
- Click on "Power Options"
- On the left panel click on "Require a password on wakeup"
- You may have to click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
- Click on the "Don't require a password"
- Click the "Save changes" button
The login screen is now gone. I'm a big fan of doing less clicks so disabling it makes me x2 happier.
Samsung does include a program called "Touch Logon" which I'm not sure if I'll cover.