Gear: Asus Eee Note EA-800, eReader Tablets.
The Eee Note doesn't have millions of applications. It has a few... I do wish it had a few more ;) Since I can't read Mandarin I will list as them as I understand them.
Applications in the Eee Note EA-800:
- Notebooks/Notes - Enables you to read and write hand written notes. Each Note can have subpages, tags, passwords, and many more details on the dedicated video.
- Reader/Books - Allows you to read your books in ePub, PDF, TXT. You can also tag them for easy searching.
- Camera - Let's you take pictures with the 2MP color camera (max of 1600x1200 resolution)
- Voice Memos - Record audio
- Sticky Notes/Tasks - Txt files that can be imported from your computer
- Photo Album/Gallery - View images in your system
- Audio Playback - Plays your audio files.
- Calculator - A giant calculator
- Dictionary - Search in Mandarin and English definitions of words
- Settings - Do system changes add ID and Passwords (Adobe ID, Evernote, Wifi), change time, and more.
- Trash Bin - Same as any computer. You can restore items if you need to.
- Browser - Allows you to navigate the internet (not a super smooth experience)
- Bubble Breaker - A game where you combine identical items
- Sudoku (like thing) - don't know... don't care.
Applications that I wish it had:
- Calendar with notifications (ie it tells you if something needs your attention)
- Email (sync in the background through wifi)
- Faster application loading
- Word highlight and quick definition display - ala Hanvon WISEreader N618
- Search based by Title, Tags, Content (inside books), Annotations (my hand written notes inside books).
Some images show with the English version demonstrate all of the applications under one page. The Mandarin version has two pages.